Thursday, October 13, 2005

Wild Garlic in the Pentagon


McSweeney's saves me from doing what very often comes naturally to me by presenting "THE NAMES OF THE PRESIDENT AND THE MEMBERS OF THE PRESIDENTIAL CABINET ACCORDING TO THE ETYMOLOGICAL BACKGROUNDS OF THEIR FIRST AND LAST NAMES, AND OF THEIR MIDDLE NAMES WHEN AVAILABLE." Apparently the Secretary of Transportation was omitted "due to unavailability of a reliable translation of the name 'Mineta.'"

I would never have expected to learn that pious and humble Michael Chertoff is a descendant of "The Devil." The fact that Donald Rumsfeld, however, is "The Ruler of the World and the Ruler of the Home Who Hails From the Field of Wild Garlic" is merely something that I've always suspected but never brought myself to articulate.

(Via Taegan Goddard's Political Wire)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home